Social Media Toolkit
Updated November 2018
How to use this toolkit
The Getting to Zero Social Media Toolkit contains HIV awareness, treatment and prevention messages you can share on your social media channels. You can either copy these messages directly or customize them for your specific audience.
What you should know about Getting To Zero and HIV in San Diego County
- Getting to Zero is a comprehensive initiative approved by the San Diego County Board of Supervisors that seeks to eliminate all new HIV infections in San Diego County within 10 years.
- The initiative is comprised of three primary strategies to help end the epidemic: 1) Test, 2) Treat and 3) Prevent.
- Testing is critical to stopping the HIV epidemic. One of out every 10 County residents living with HIV is unaware of their status.
- Although HIV treatment is available to every person living in San Diego County, more than one-third of County residents living with HIV have not been successfully treated.
- HIV infection is 100 percent preventable. Education and behavioral interventions have been shown to be highly effective in preventing new infections. Additionally, PrEP is a new anti-HIV medication that can reduce the chance of getting HIV by up to 99 percent.
Follow and Share Your Story
- Browse GettingToZeroSD.com to learn more about Getting to Zero and how you can get involved with this important HIV awareness and education effort in San Diego County.
- Post your own photos and stories about HIV, AIDS and PrEP using the hashtags:
- Watch and share our videos on YouTube:
- Contact us anytime to share stories, content or to talk to a member of our team
Use these sample social media posts to be an online partner for Getting to Zero.